Posted by [node:author:field_profile_user_display_name] on Friday, December 6, 2013 - 00:00
Did you miss our accounting hiring trends webinar with the Accounting & Financial Women’s Alliance? Not to worry. The replay of "2014 Hiring and Compensation Trends in Accounting & Finance: The Information You Need to Hire and Be Hired in 2014" is now available on-demand.
Listen as Lee Lowery (Executive Director, Accounting & Financial Women’s Alliance), Paul McDonald (Senior Executive Director, Robert Half), Julie Winfield (CFO, Luminance) and Charles Best (CFO, BlackLine Systems) discuss accounting hiring trends and job seeking for accounting and finance professionals in today’s business environment.
Here are 5 accounting hiring trends you missed:
- Hiring managers are often operating under the assumption that there’s a large, highly qualified candidate pool. However, the unemployment rates for a number of accounting and finance occupations are below the national average, and many employers are experiencing candidate shortages when hiring.
- Many employers are trying to add staff again after years of hiring freezes and cutbacks. There’s a particular need to fill core senior and managerial accounting roles.
- The market for entry-level accounting and finance professionals has strengthened. Degreed candidates are sought in public accounting and private industry.
- Demand remains steady for interim professionals. Companies realize they need more staff but are concerned about finding suitable hires in a timely manner, and rely on temporary and project workers to fill the gap. Interim professionals allow businesses to relieve overworked core staff, and they can be evaluated for potential hire. In addition, companies are working with project consultants to manage complex initiatives, such as finance transformations and systems upgrades.
- The key attributes that hiring managers are seeking in accounting and finance professionals are: functional expertise, professional credentials, interpersonal abilities, analytical skills and technology proficiency.
Want more insights about hiring top performers in today’s market, job seeking in today’s business environment and accounting and finance salary trends? Listen to our full webinar recording to learn more.
What accounting hiring trends do you think will have the greatest impact in the next 12 months?
Want more hiring insights from Luminance's CFO Julie Winfield? Read more on the Robert Half Finance & Accounting Blog.
Related post: Five 2014 Hiring Trends in Accounting and Finance