Legal Professionals Areas of Focus
Understanding your career goals is one thing – fulfilling them is another. That's where Robert Half Legal comes in. As North America's leading provider of legal professionals for full-time or temporary legal jobs, we offer you access to top law firms and legal departments in your area. Because our Account Executives understand the intricacies of the legal industry, we can quickly pinpoint and fulfill your specific needs. No matter what type of legal job you seek - whether it's a full-time paralegal or contract lawyer – we have the expertise and network to assist you.
Temporary Legal Jobs
Junior-Level Associate (1-3 years of experience) – Duties involve basic lawyer-level litigation or transactional work in a variety of practice areas. Work product could include legal research and writing, client interviews, deposition and discovery work, motion practice and contract drafting and review, all under the supervision of an experienced lawyer. Position requires legal professionals with superior academic credentials and basic knowledge of the law in the applicable practice area, including familiarity with local practice and procedures.
Mid-Level Associate (3+ years of experience) – Duties involve experienced lawyer-level litigation or transactional work in a variety of practice areas. Work product could include legal research and writing, high-level deposition and discovery, second-chair litigation practice and contract drafting, negotiation and review. Collaborates closely with senior-level lawyers and clients. This full-time or temporary legal job's requirements include superior academic credentials and advanced knowledge of the law in the applicable practice area, including expertise with local practice and procedures.
Partner/In-House/Junior Partner/Senior Associate (7+ years of experience) – Duties involve decision-making litigation or transactional work in a variety of practice areas, often with a supervisory component. Responsibilities for these legal professionals may involve extensive client contact and consultation, case or deal strategy and management, first-chair litigation practice, and supervision of junior and mid-level associates and legal support personnel. Position requires extensive knowledge of the law in the applicable practice area, including a high degree of expertise in local practice and procedures.
Paralegals and Law Clerks (4+ years of experience) – Duties encompass basic paralegal responsibilities but also include advanced functions in support of attorneys and clients, particularly in litigation. Paralegals conduct extensive case research, and prepare detailed reports and memoranda. They often handle technical aspects of case management. Advanced knowledge of concepts and procedures is also required for these full-time and temporary legal jobs.
Senior/Supervising Paralegal or Law Clerk (7+ years of experience) – Duties encompass those detailed for other paralegal and law clerk positions but also include supervision of discovery and litigation support teams. Participates in evaluations and hiring decisions. Works closely with lawyers and clients on high-level matters. Position requires advanced knowledge of the law and legal procedures along with superior leadership and management skills. Experience in a specific legal practice area is highly preferred.
Other legal jobs placed:
- Case Clerk (up to 2 years of experience)
- Junior Paralegal or Law Clerk (2-3 years of experience)
Legal Management and Support Professionals
Legal Secretary (6+ years of experience) – Duties encompass those detailed for junior legal secretary. These legal professionals should possess specific knowledge of court forms and filing procedures, as well as an understanding of one or more specific practice areas. Will often maintain lawyer calendars and may be responsible for scheduling. Additional responsibilities include maintaining lawyer time and billing sheets. Ability to multitask and prioritize is critical, as the position may support up to five lawyers. Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail required.
Other legal positions placed:
TOP OF PAGE
- Law Firm Administrator/Office Manager
- Contract Administrator
- Contract Lawyer
- Lease Administrator
- Litigation Support Manager
- Docket/Calendar Clerk
- Law Librarian
- Law Library Clerk
- Legal Records Clerk
- Legal Word Processor
- Office Clerk (office services, files, etc.)
- Legal Receptionist
Wide Variety of Practice Areas Our legal professionals are highly experienced and skilled in practice areas such as:
- General business/commercial law
- Corporate transactional law
- Labor and employment law
- Real estate
Cost-Effective Project Teams
Temporary legal jobs – including contract lawyers, paralegals and law clerks – can enable law firms and corporate legal departments to enhance productivity and control costs. Gain access to specialized assistance for your full-time legal staff during unexpected workload increases.
If you're a licensed and credentialed lawyer, JD, paralegal or law clerk, Robert Half Legal provides opportunities for legal professionals in both temporary legal jobs and full-time legal positions.
- Drafting pleadings, trial motions, interrogatories and trial and appellate briefs*
- Drafting contracts, agreements, disclosures, loan papers and documentation for corporate transactional matters*
- Reviewing and analyzing key materials such as documents from opposing counsel, research from paralegals, law clerks and other associates, privileged information, or information produced for opposing parties
- Handling required court appearances such as motions, appeals, and preliminary or arbitration hearings*
- Interviewing expert witnesses*
- Conducting or defending depositions*
- Overseeing litigation support teams to ensure projects are accomplished in accordance with the lead or contract lawyer's directions and guidance
- Assisting in the development of case and trial strategies
- Filling highly specialized needs for matters that require specific expertise (medical, high-technology, government, etc.)
* apply to full-time positions; part-time positions require supervision TOP OF PAGE