Using project attorneys enables law firms and corporate legal departments to enhance productivity, control costs and access immediate specialized assistance for full-time staff during sudden and often unexpected workload increases.
Robert Half Legal provides licensed and credentialed attorneys for critical short- and long-term assignments as well as full-time positions.
What are the benefits of using project attorneys?
With full-time associates working close to capacity, law firms and corporate legal departments can call on project attorneys with the experience and skills to help complete key activities on a variety of cases and assignments. This can be especially critical during peak workloads when additional support is required on short notice to meet deadlines.
Immediate Access to Specialized Expertise
Project attorneys who possess specific practice-area expertise can add specialized value within a firm or department, particularly if such skills are not available internally.
Law firms that use project attorneys can enhance growth while increasing operational efficiency on behalf of clients. Legal departments can control costs by strategically retaining projects in-house. Skilled project attorneys can reduce outside counsel fees by as much as 50 percent â a critical option for departments under strict budgets.
Our highly skilled project attorneys can conduct a wide range of professional functions:
- Draft pleadings, trial motions, interrogatories, and trial and appellate briefs
- Draft contracts, agreements, disclosures, loan papers and documentation for corporate transactional matters
- Review and analyze key materials such as documents from opposing counsel, research from paralegals and other associates, privileged information or information produced for opposing parties
- Handle required court appearances such as motions, appeals and preliminary or arbitration hearings
- Interview expert witnesses
- Oversee litigation support teams to ensure that projects are accomplished in accordance with the lead attorney's directions
- Assist in the development of case and trial strategies
- Fill highly specialized needs for matters that require specific expertise (e.g., medical, high-technology, government)
Full-time Candidate Assessment
Many of our clients prefer to bring in one or more of our skilled attorneys on a project basis before extending an offer for full-time work. This allows legal management to evaluate first-hand an attorney's skills, performance and practice-area expertise, and determine whether the candidate would be a good fit with the firm or department.
Robert Half Legal Advantage
Our skills evaluation process tests our project attorneys' skills. In addition, many of our Account Executives are lawyers with years of experience in the legal industry.
Robert Half Legal has access to licensed and highly experienced attorneys for key projects as well as full-time openings. Contact your local office today or call 1.800.870.8367 to reach the Robert Half Legal location nearest you.